EN Chat Test Part II: Beverages

Forum, game and chat rules
Paintchips
Orc Warrior

EN Chat Test Part II: Beverages

Post by Paintchips »

Dear players,

Some time ago, we started an EN chat test viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9392
to see if we could relax some of the old EN rules (example: offtopic conversations not allowed). This worked out great, and the rules from that test now have it made into the official rules (https://mo.ee/chatrules.html) !

We would like to thank everyone for demonstrating the maturity needed to make it possible. We would like to build on that success and offer a second chat test. We believe the community is strong and mature enough, and will always make helping new players the top priority for EN.

Historically, we have had a zero-tolerance approach with regard to the topic of alcohol in EN. We seek to relax this policy. Chat rules for EN only regarding the topic of alcohol are suspended, new rules are stated below:

1.) Brief mentions of, or references to, beverages that contain alcohol are acceptable in EN.
2.) Conversation about all other drugs belongs in 18, as always.
3.) A longer conversation regarding alcohol should move to 18.
4.) Gratuitous, off-topic, repeated, disruptive, or offensive messages are unwelcome.
5.) Moderators, Margus or Reside are able to cancel this test at any time.

Examples for EN:
  • “It’s been a long day and I am excited to finally be home with my favorite game and an ice cold beer.”
  • “Hopefully these RQPs have aged like fine wine.”
Examples for 18:
  • “Bruh, I got so wasted last night.”
  • “Let’s do some shots and get crazy!”
  • “OK, every time someone mines a gem, everyone takes a drink. If it is Superior, everyone has to finish their drink.”

We hope you like this and do not abuse the new rules, so at the end we have more freedom and fun in EN :-)

The Moderator Team
"Battle not with PKers, lest ye become a PKer, and if you gaze into the sandpit, the sandpit gazes also into you."
Merkad
Baby Sapphire Dragon

Re: EN Chat Test Part II: Beverages

Post by Merkad »

I hope I don't get in trouble for responding to this.

Your examples are realistic chat.

That's why I find is so amusing.

I've done n said similar things.

Out of playfulness. My bad if too much!

Pardon me if too much? but yeah, don't mess with tha Chips!

Yer examples cracked me up, good stuff.

We are all better than that. just leave some room for playfullness. yer all awesome! :)

- Merkad