No MODs in Guilds

Forum, game and chat rules
Joseph626_0
Green Wizard

No MODs in Guilds

Post by Joseph626_0 »

You know what I've been going after this concept for a bit but I can offer a perfectly good solution that makes all parties involved happy. This is a general inquiry about the rule that says mods cannot be in guilds, which I have actually confirmed with the Devs.

Back when I was in GRG, Ethelle was a member. When Ethelle became a mod, Ethelle left the channel. If you do not believe me, feel free to ask Ethelle. Additionally, I don't know specific names, but when 0rdinance founded FWB, there were several members who later became mods and had to leave. This was because GRG and FWB openly claimed to be Guilds. This has been an issue recently with me specifically and for whatever reason I'm not smart enough to leave it alone. So I propose a rule change, which allows mods to be in guilds. Here is my following logic:

1) Mods are players too. This logic can go both ways, I don't know how this rule originated but I think it has to do with mods having favoritism toward their guildmates. First and foremost, this sort of favoritism can already be avoided by the concept that there are already several mods. As I'm typing this, there are 4 mods online. These 4 mods not only can keep players in check but can also keep each other in check and ensure that abuse of power will not be possible when it comes to favoritism. Because mods are players, preventing mods from joining guilds is literally cutting them off from a feature that has been being hyped up since the dawn of the game. When released, not allowing even a small amount of the players from enjoying this feature would be unfair toward them and is basically a punishment for trying to be helpful.

2) Because alts exist, mods are able to join guilds simply by making alts then joining the guild through their alts. I do now know if this is against the rules or not, but from what I can gather mods specifically arent allowed to be in guilds. Alts are fair game.

I know I am beating a dead bush but this issue isnt going away for me personally unless a Dev specifically addresses the issue one way or another or I am banned. Cheers.

This link is proof that this rule exists. I have been informed by Litheria that a Dev told him this rule doesnt exist, so if you could link your proof as well it would be appreciated.
https://imgur.com/a/RqmgnM0
Last edited by Joseph626_0 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is Selling the Tomato to Joseph
Rapota
Minotaur

Re: No MODs in Guilds

Post by Rapota »

Joseph626_0 wrote:So I propose a rule change, which allows mods to be in guilds.
+1
Margus
Site Admin

Post by Margus »

There are currently no guilds in the game (chat channels or self proclaimed guilds do not count) so there is no rule in the moment.
Rebelmoon
Spirit

Post by Rebelmoon »

Margus wrote:There are currently no guilds in the game (chat channels or self proclaimed guilds do not count) so there is no rule in the moment.

If there are by your words no guilds in games, and what we players call "player guilds" or you call "self proclaimed guilds" are not considered guilds I have 2 problems with your statement and 2 suggestions.

Problem 1. Why is there a rule for something that's not in the game? This has bothered me for a long while now and have never seen a proper answer, either its not a rule despite conflicting proof otherwise, or it is a rule in which case it holds no merit because by your statement guilds dont exist so it invalidates the rule.

Problem 2. Why does the forum have a "guilds" section if guilds don't exist?
This section has been in game since early early days of game and so player created guilds must have been considered guilds, right? That goes against what you said though, so it's very confusing as a player to understand how you can have a rule for a feature thats not in the game, but elsewhere have a place for that very same thing that doesn't exist to be discussed and taken part in by players.

Suggestion: Remove guilds section from forums because its a section that has no relevance to the game then.

Suggestion: Give us a clear answer that there is no mods in guild rule yet, or start creating "official player guilds" so this rule can actually have a reason for existing and become enforceable. Instead of saying its a rule or its not a rule because there is conflicting evidence, you could say "its a future rule, but we don't prevent mods from being in a player created guild at this time. We will enforce this rule once we make guilds official" That would explain it better and players would know what your meaning then.

Yes, I have also already made this a proper suggestion on suggestion page.

Why you should do these suggestions: It will solve the questions concerning this rule. It has come up currently and in past, and kicking it down the road in hopes people will forget about it isn't a good solution.
Youhaveaquestion
Explorer

Post by Youhaveaquestion »

In my opinion it's useless to not allow voluntary moderators to join a guild in an active community of this seize.
First of all they are players too and secondly they are doing this in their free time to help the community.
It might not matter yet, but depending on how guilds affect the game in the future (if we ever see them) moderators might quit their "voluntary position", if they get punished for helping the community.
"Do what you feel passionate about, take chances professionally, don't be afraid to fail. But remember, dreams without goals are just dreams. Understand that to achieve these goals you must apply discipline and consistency." - Denzel Washington