RPG MO Translations

Speak about everything.
No Spam!
saints_rivers
Ghost

Re: RPG MO Translations

Post by saints_rivers »

Awsome Margus, I am happy for it! :P

When it gets possible could add my real name "Felipe" linked with my facebook https://www.facebook.com/lipe.rios.92 ?
RStudios
Explorer

Post by RStudios »

Add's saints to FB... j/k
Dart
Ghost

Post by Dart »

Is it possible to set english names by default for italian translation? I think that most italian people would like more original names.

Also all things I'm trying to adjust don't save, on reconnecting i keep receiving an interface that says i have to chose between 2 possible transaltions. A server message says: "(number) conflicts were found and need to be resolved. 0 translations were added without conflicts."
ign: lxDrugoxl
Margus
Site Admin

Post by Margus »

Dart wrote:Is it possible to set english names by default for italian translation? I think that most italian people would like more original names.

Also all things I'm trying to adjust don't save, on reconnecting i keep receiving an interface that says i have to chose between 2 possible transaltions. A server message says: "(number) conflicts were found and need to be resolved. 0 translations were added without conflicts."
When you start translating you need to have English translation chosen from the flag ico. Otherwise they will conflict with the cached translations. I only update the cached translations once a week, so the "/translate it" command has the latest ones.
hidraky
Chicken

Post by hidraky »

Eu tive um problema com a tradução em português, a caixa de presente normal está dizendo que pode vir um presente com o preço a cima de 80 mil moedas, ou seja, + de 80k, e no market eu comprei por 170k já que estava escrito da forma que estava, pensei que valeria a pena :(
recorri a um email, e me disseram que o presente, de certo, deveria estar dizendo que vem um presente a baixo de 80k.
E coloquei em ingles logo após e realmente dizia isso.
Então... vou ganhar meu dinheiro de volta? Jamais compraria algo de 170k por algo de 7k, que foi o caso do que veio pra mim :oops:
Espero que alguém possa fazer algo pra mim, por favor.
saints_rivers
Ghost

Post by saints_rivers »

hidraky wrote:Eu tive um problema com a tradução em português, a caixa de presente normal está dizendo que pode vir um presente com o preço a cima de 80 mil moedas, ou seja, + de 80k, e no market eu comprei por 170k já que estava escrito da forma que estava, pensei que valeria a pena :(
recorri a um email, e me disseram que o presente, de certo, deveria estar dizendo que vem um presente a baixo de 80k.
E coloquei em ingles logo após e realmente dizia isso.
Então... vou ganhar meu dinheiro de volta? Jamais compraria algo de 170k por algo de 7k, que foi o caso do que veio pra mim :oops:
Espero que alguém possa fazer algo pra mim, por favor.
Foi um erro, desde já desculpa a confusão gerada. Eu sou saints_rivers o tradutor atual da versão brasileira do jogo.

Diga-me seu nome em jogo, para que eu possa te dar os seus 170k de volta.

Se achar algum erro, críticas e sugestões por favor não se contenha em acessar este link e contribuir conosco:

https://forums.mo.ee/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6748
Baphomet_Abacaxi
Chicken

Post by Baphomet_Abacaxi »

Hey! I would also like to help with the PT-BR translation! Would that be possible? :D
Margus
Site Admin

Post by Margus »

Baphomet_Abacaxi wrote:Hey! I would also like to help with the PT-BR translation! Would that be possible? :D
It should be fully translated already. You can suggest fixes to saints_rivers.
Baphomet_Abacaxi
Chicken

Post by Baphomet_Abacaxi »

Oh, ok then.
ikasu
Gray Wizard

Post by ikasu »

ikasu wrote:I need some changes as well

=_=

https://imgur.com/FP0NPXv
RPG MO Swedish translation 100%
Kaborto
Chicken

Post by Kaborto »

Hello, it's Kaborto again (the french transator)

I would like to know when (or if) the intern wiki will be available to be translated, because some french people have difficulties to use it due to it being english in a french translated game.

On a side note, i'm glad to say that the french community expanded in the last month (some thanks to the translation) so hurray.
On another side note, today it's been exactly 4 years since i started playing RPG MO (and no one in game knows who i am)
*slowly put a 4th party hat and blow in a party whistle*
Margus
Site Admin

Post by Margus »

Kaborto wrote:Hello, it's Kaborto again (the french transator)

I would like to know when (or if) the intern wiki will be available to be translated, because some french people have difficulties to use it due to it being english in a french translated game.

On a side note, i'm glad to say that the french community expanded in the last month (some thanks to the translation) so hurray.
On another side note, today it's been exactly 4 years since i started playing RPG MO (and no one in game knows who i am)
*slowly put a 4th party hat and blow in a party whistle*
Unfortunately due to recent events wiki development is on hold.
saints_rivers
Ghost

Post by saints_rivers »

Hi Margus one of things, I am sure should help the translated versions is we get the names translated options when we search for itens at Market by a specific item name.

It is boring, you typing in your language and appear the name in english as option of research doing a right confusion. :)

[EDITED]

And I found this word "stop" is not in the system to translate:

Falbal
Baby Sapphire Dragon

Post by Falbal »

I would like to contribute to a Danish translation, but I have a question before committing to anything. Translation is usually not just a word to word conversion. There is a lot of grammar that needs to be in place, and I am wondering if the game takes that into acount?

Some examples (in English):
"You need a {item_name}" as opposed to "you need an {item_name}"
("You need a hammer", "you need an iron fishing rod")

"You have {count} {item_name}" vs. "you have {count} {item_name}s" (singular vs. plural)
("you have 1 apple", "you have 2 apples")
This one is not that easy in Danish, as the suffix depends on the word. It is not simply an s that gets added in plural. It can be er, e, nothing, or even changing some of the extisting letters depending on the word.
1 coin, 2 coins = 1 mønt, 2 mønter
1 house, 2 houses = 1 hus, 2 huse
1 sword, 2 swords = 1 sværd, 2 sværd
1 hammer, 2 hammers = 1 hammer, 2 hamre
In order to make correct translations of this, it seems like all words, that can be shown in both singular and plural forms, would have to be entered in both forms.

"{name}'s pet" as opposed to "{name}' pet"
"Peter's pet", "Hans' pet" (adding s after the apostrophe depending on name)
This would have to be translated into "Peters pet" and "Hans' pet" in Danish, as we do only use aprostophe when there is already an s in the name.
By the way, the current English translation in the game does this incorrectly. A name ending in s gets 's added to it, where it should only get the aprostrophe added. My in-game name is Festerblats, and I see my pet as Festerblats's pet, which is incorrect. It should be Festerblats' pet.

So, does the game take these cases (and, I suppose, many others) into account, so that what comes out in the other end will be gramatically correct in the language we translate into?
Margus
Site Admin

Post by Margus »

We have language based plural rules. However, since we have so many items we dont make plurals for them, only certain sentences are being put into plural forms.
For example (en):
"You have {count} unaccepted item in market.": "You have {count} unaccepted item in market.",
"You have {count} unaccepted item in market._2": "You have {count} unaccepted items in market.",

"{count} free inventory space is required.": "{count} free inventory space is required.",
"{count} free inventory space is required._2": "{count} free inventory spaces are required.",