A trees suggestions

Give us info what we should add or change.
Nightmartree
Gray Wizard

A trees suggestions

Post by Nightmartree »

These are just some of the things I've thought of while playing, I don't know if they've been suggested before nor am I taking into account viability during this list.

Use a bottle on trees- To get sap (used in potions, or equipment) or maybe maple syrup/honey (a speed boost potion or food ingredient)
Grenades/Thrown potions- A magic stat combat weapon, you would craft them with alchemy and theyd be disposable like scrolls or arrows
Island Resources- Either crafted or bought for MOS (I feel like crafted from a large amount of the resource they produce would be a nice option as it prevents people from screaming about ptw)
Island guards- Pets or placeable monsters that remain on your island and can fight visitors
Farm animals- You can now "grow" animals on soil or maybe implemented as low lvl breeding? (I have no experience with breeding so unclear) such as raising pigs for ham or maybe a rare piglet, cows for milk (food ingredient?), chickens for feathers or meat
Loot Permission- A one use item that greatly increases drop chances from monsters
Loot medallion?- An equipable item that slightly increases drop chance (perhaps equipped in place of potion of preservation as a risk/reward item?)
New fishing spots- Lava fishing, for fish with alchemy uses or other effects (I mean who wouldn't wanna fish in lava?)
a chain saw- this request I randomly thought of because I'm currently trying to cut enough fir for 23 floors for a quest, but it would allow you to make multiple attempts per action to cut trees
Alternate carpentry- use bones, metals or other ingredients to create different items, like a gold fence, or a bone floor

and that's it for now folks...

Add ons:
Fishing rod of doom- you can fish with it or use it as a weapon, but only if your fishing level is high enough to equip it
Element Trees- Elementally aligned trees that can be chopped for wood used in staffs and magical applications, as well as Essences used to forge medallions or to make higher lvl mage equips (Perhaps items aligned with different altars/magics)
Clippers- a tool that can block damage from harvesting bushes

Add on part 2:
Reverse Fishing Rod- this fishing rod flips your fishing chances making lower lvl fish easier to catch while reducing chances for high lvl ones the higher your fishing chance (Edit: Saw an amazing suggestion in mods suggestions for fishing hooks and baits to modify which fish you catch that would make this irrelevant or a gag item possibly, but I totally support that suggestion!i believe it was by oobernoob or such, amazing idea +1)
The golden cactus- a cactus that's a golden color and that you can loot golden needle from (either for crafting clothing needles, maybe to make arrows that penetrate block stat?armor piercing arrows, or maybe alchemy?)

Add on 3 in November, first item inspired by mickmane:
Nametags- use and rename a pet or item
Last edited by Nightmartree on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
canismajor
Vampire

Re: A trees suggestions

Post by canismajor »

Some amazing ideas here.

Only one that is probably OP in this list is the chainsaw. Rest of it is just nice to have suggestions that would make the game even more diverse than it already is.

+1
Nightmartree
Gray Wizard

Post by Nightmartree »

Due to all the moaning and groaning I'm adding a "reverse fishing rod'

people are complaining about how you can't fish low level fish and how its wrong, I don't really care but it did inspire this idea and I find it interesting even if I don't think their complaints are valid
Nightmartree
Gray Wizard

Post by Nightmartree »

So no comments on any of these? there have been a ton of views but only one comment
Nightmartree
Gray Wizard

Post by Nightmartree »

So im back and curious if anyone has anything to add to this
graviTHICC
Explorer

Post by graviTHICC »

Nightmartree wrote:These are just some of the things I've thought of while playing, I don't know if they've been suggested before nor am I taking into account viability during this list.

Use a bottle on trees- To get sap (used in potions, or equipment) or maybe maple syrup/honey (a speed boost potion or food ingredient)
More uses for existing items is always a good thing. I like it.
Grenades/Thrown potions- A magic stat combat weapon, you would craft them with alchemy and theyd be disposable like scrolls or arrows
Thrown potions that give enemies stat effects sound nice. New potions could be made or existing potions given stat effects when thrown. For example, potion of eye bleeding reduces enemy accuracy, potion of fishing reduces defense (they don't have to make sense). The only issue is how would you use it during combat? And it would require a new framework for offensively changing enemy stats. Anyway, it would give more uses to bottles and you could even use the first idea in this idea. For example, filling a bottle with sap from a flaming tree (ties into your elemental tree idea below) would make a napalm potion or something. (just an example)
Island Resources- Either crafted or bought for MOS (I feel like crafted from a large amount of the resource they produce would be a nice option as it prevents people from screaming about ptw)
I like it, but only if the island resource is finite and can be depleted.
Island guards- Pets or placeable monsters that remain on your island and can fight visitors
I would love to farm rare monsters on a friend's island. ;) If security is an issue, consider a gate.
Farm animals- You can now "grow" animals on soil or maybe implemented as low lvl breeding? (I have no experience with breeding so unclear) such as raising pigs for ham or maybe a rare piglet, cows for milk (food ingredient?), chickens for feathers or meat
Yes, I would love to be able to slaughter or harvest from bred pets (or pets in general). Harvesting from pets would also give a reason to fill out the lower levels of breeding with more common harvest-able animals, like rats, chickens, sheep, cows, pigs, worms, etc. instead of jumping straight to werewolves.
Loot Permission- A one use item that greatly increases drop chances from monsters
Might be nice.
Loot medallion?- An equipable item that slightly increases drop chance (perhaps equipped in place of potion of preservation as a risk/reward item?)
No thanks.
New fishing spots- Lava fishing, for fish with alchemy uses or other effects (I mean who wouldn't wanna fish in lava?)
I've wanted a different fishing system since I realized all fishing drops using the same tool are the same everywhere in the game. I would like different fish for different areas/tools. For example, Dorpat pier would have mainly low level saltwater fish like bluefish (rod) and baby squid (net), and dorpat rivers would have low level freshwater fish like perch (rod) and frogs (net).
a chain saw- this request I randomly thought of because I'm currently trying to cut enough fir for 23 floors for a quest, but it would allow you to make multiple attempts per action to cut trees
I think that's what the steel woodcutting axe should do when used on the non-magic trees, it should have a chance for two woodcut attempts per "turn."
Alternate carpentry- use bones, metals or other ingredients to create different items, like a gold fence, or a bone floor
Love it. Would be great for decoration. Should the metal furniture use forging skill though?
and that's it for now folks...

Add ons:
Fishing rod of doom- you can fish with it or use it as a weapon, but only if your fishing level is high enough to equip it
I think anything equipable should have combat stats, even if they are abysmal. I'm pretty sure my steel pickaxe or steel woodcutter axe can do more damage than my fists alone.
Element Trees- Elementally aligned trees that can be chopped for wood used in staffs and magical applications, as well as Essences used to forge medallions or to make higher lvl mage equips (Perhaps items aligned with different altars/magics)
We could also add elemental alignments to existing trees, like flash element to cacti, water element to willow, poison to spirit tree, ice to blue palm, fire to the dragonblood tree, and so on. That way we minimize the number of elemental trees we need to add.

Add on 3 in November, first item inspired by mickmane:
Nametags- use and rename a pet or item
Sounds cool!