Useful Trophies!

Give us info what we should add or change.

Useful Trophies!

Postby Rebelmoon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:27 am

Okay, I can't take full credit for this idea. A friend mentioned it and we agreed it would be an amazing addition to the game for multiple reasons.

Suggestion: Boss trophies teleport you from island to the boss's location.

Why do this you ask?

Gives value to trophy heads besides aesthetics...which lets face it, doesn't amount to much on the market.

Opens up teleporting to new locations like hell, nml, and if one day mino/eagle get heads dungeon 4 as well, which this isn't really game breaking because already that possibility is in the game.

It makes sense that the trophy which requires 20x of the head has a function greater than the amount of 1x head (1x head makes a boss potion to teleport to it, 20x should be a full ability to teleport to it if at island and managed to wait out the grind to collect 20 and had the carpentry level to make or friend to make.

I know what your thinking now, well there is a lot of heads out there so would be easy to just buy them. Currently yes they are easy to buy, but as I've mentioned with them having a better use then looks their value goes up so may not be as easy as you think, and even now there are often none being sold other than orc overlord.

This benefits those who do bossing because now there is a way to get to bosses faster, but doesn't necessarily guarantee the boss is alive still.

This adds more usefulness to the island.

When guilds come (#guildhype2017?) this idea if created would open up possibilities of doing same with guild islands and increase community through taking down bosses together as a group. The creation of personal boss trophy teleportation is still beneficial for single players who may not be in a guild though so it holds it's value even when guilds do enter the game.

You might still be thinking though, "well this makes the game easier in a way and we want things to stay a challenge."
Answer to this: well yes, it makes it easier to get to bosses, but it doesn't make the bosses themselves any easier to take down. The ability to get this "easier" access also comes at a price of a lot of hours bossing, or a lot of coin presumably and needing the carpentry levels to create, so I don't feel its unreasonable to suggest this.

One final thought, but not certain on this as I'm no programmer, I imagine its not too difficult to create as it would be something similar to a signpost teleporting to a new location...just have to restrict it to each individual player based on ownership of island.

Restrictions:

Only the person who owns the island would have ability to use their boss trophies, otherwise not much point to making this update because people would just go to one players island who may have all of them.

Thank you for taking time to read this and let me know if you have any further thoughts or suggestions to consider.

~Rebelmoon
Rebelmoon

Re: Useful Trophies!

Postby jleon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:38 am

+1 I approve of this message
jleon

Postby .Magicreaper » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:40 am

+1 I like this idea :D
Da magic gonna reap chu >:D
.Magicreaper

Postby Robspike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 am

+1 I love this idea.
Robspike

Postby Skillit!? » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:04 am

+1 also maybe add a cooldown on how many times per day/week it can be used.
Skillit!?

Postby jleon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:01 am

Skillit!? wrote:+1 also maybe add a cooldown on how many times per day/week it can be used.

Once per hr?
jleon

Postby .Magicreaper » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:03 am

Awesome Idea :D +1
Da magic gonna reap chu >:D
.Magicreaper

Postby Rebelmoon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:19 am

you posted twice but thanks :D and wow i'm surprised to see all the people posted so fast :D
Rebelmoon

Postby Ynfernity » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:36 am

good idea

Ynfernity

Postby Marty McFly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:35 pm

+1
Yes Cooldown, or could have all bosses timed.
Marty McFly

Postby Zachary » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Sure, why not
Zachary

Postby Cantus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm not so sure infinite free teleports to heaven/hell via a statue is the best option. maybe just buy heads and make the potions. Alchemy needs something high end to make it worthwhile anyway, adding something to take the place of high end alchemy would kill the skill.
Cantus

Postby Rebelmoon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Those boss potions have been in the game for a long time, if they havn't spurred alchemy by now they aren't going to do it anymore good regardless of this update or not(currently as I speak only hell potions on market so doesn't seem to be getting substantial usefulness out of boss potions anyways, although yes I am in favor of increasing the success chances on most potions to boost the skill). Alchemy rework is a whole new suggestion I hope to deal with in the future. Currently though I wish to focus upon the trophies.
Rebelmoon

Postby Cantus » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:28 pm

My point was that you already have access to teleporting to bosses, I don't understand why you'd need a duplicate function.
Cantus

Postby Rebelmoon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:31 am

Please read the "why do this you ask?" section for that answer. Thanks.
Rebelmoon

Next

Return to Suggestions