new bossing suggestion

Give us info what we should add or change.

Re: new bossing suggestion

Postby Avestron » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:49 am

I like the idea of a cooldown for bosses. +1

Might I also suggest that there is room for Elites? Maybe two elites for every Boss? The drop rates and stuff could be less attractive but they would be the first taste of 'bossing' for newer players.
Avestron

Postby Damonskillz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:29 am

I like the "have your own boss, and its cooldown as same as it in the worlds. Maybe there is a room with them, and you can meet people there, like a friend, and the person has to invite them to come along, and then its a cool down the the creator of the part for that boss. kinda of like the pq way. The boss room will have all bosses for them, and a statue of them. would be pretty neat :D
Combat stats :

Acc-117 Str-120 Def-120 Hp-123 Magic-86 Arch-68
Damonskillz

Postby Marinsche » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:30 pm

+1 I only want to kill 30 Diablo for the killquest. This Is since weeks impossible to do. Gaming fun is on the ground.

Or 7 Kills per Week for Players. Then CD and then the Boss is invisible. So you have furthermore the competition between the players, but permanent camper will be cut off after few kills.
Marinsche

Postby Kyosa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 pm

+1
Kyosa

Postby OhhPaigey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

I agree something needs to be done.

Not 100% on a solution however.
Trigger fingers turn to Twitter fingers.

http://www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
OhhPaigey

Postby politeusername » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 am

It's a PVE open world. Boss camping is to be expected lol.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No. It's politeusername.
politeusername

Postby Rebelmoon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Why did a 3 month old post get pulled back up again? *facepalm*

Bossing is a hassle because sometimes as its farmed, but just put a range of cool down time and problem solved.(in example instead of 20 minutes on a boss spawn make it 10-30 minutes so average is 20 but it varies giving everyone a chance. It would allow players who camp to still be able to kill as many as they like but it opens up potential for others to kill also because the timers are staggered. This isn't a new suggestion just what seems the most practical and easiest to implement into the game.
Rebelmoon

Postby whitetiger » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:16 am

Take the drops like evo stones, ool's and other unique drops and add them to several other mobs of = or greater power.

Drop the % chance to get the loot.

So if you add ool drops to say adult metal dragons and effreets, you drop the chance to get that loot and draw players away from camping the bosses.

Same with evo stones and a few other drops.

Make sure that different mobs get different drops and not say baby emerald dragons drop both ool's and evo stones. The lowered drop chance makes up for the larger number of mobs that can drop them.
whitetiger

Postby canismajor » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Since the topic was already bumped, I might as well add my 2 cents.

In addition to changing the boss cooldowns to more random values, bosses could also spawn in one of 5-10 different locations on a single map instead of the current hardcoded single location. This will make it more interesting for adventurers as one might come across a boss that is actually alive.

The locations would still have to be pre-defined so that they don't block the way to towns etc.
canismajor

Postby alexjeff » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

There should be a set amount of bosses one can kill.
For example:
5 orc overlords per 10 hours. So after you kill 5 orc overlords, you wait 10 hours before killing them again.
This allows for some farming, but only limited.
alexjeff

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions