Remove mob potion drops

Give us info what we should add or change.

Remove mob potion drops

Postby canismajor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am

To strengthen alchemy, it would make sense to remove all mob potion drops (including towers). As mentioned here and there by different people, obtaining certain potions like PoP and majority of combat potions is too easy via mob drops. Being forced to buy the potions instead from alchemers would strengthen the position of now so redundant alchemy skill.

If people are very keen on their potion drops in towers, it could be changed so that the potions would be destroyed upon dying/leaving towers. The influx of mass cheap combat potions from towers and insanely low chance of alchemy success render them pointless to attempt to make.
canismajor

Re: Remove mob potion drops

Postby Rebelmoon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm

+1 potion destruction upon leaving tower sounds fantastic. rest of your post also but that in particular :).
Rebelmoon

Postby Grim Fandango » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Potions in normal mobs aren't a usual drop, so I don't think there's need to delete those. PoPs also go for 100k~
The thing I like about the suggestion is the potion destruction after dying in towers.
+1 :D
Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango?
Grim Fandango

Postby canismajor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Yes, PoPs are the main regular mob potion drop that matters since it hurts the alchemers.
canismajor

Postby Cantus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Yellow Dust is too rare of a drop to remove PoPs from monsters. Also breeders compete in buying it for breeding food.

Cantus

Postby Ynfernity » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10 am

Maybe able to increase the ways to obtain Yellow Dust.
Ynfernity

Postby canismajor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:37 am

Ynfernity wrote:Maybe able to increase the ways to obtain Yellow Dust.

+1
canismajor

Postby joe2dirt » Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 am

Maybe not remove the potion drops in towers, but, perhaps, make them a special case. The removal of Potions of Preservation as a drop would be very nice for alchemists. Even when I was the only person buying yellow dust and making PoPs for a few months, my supply only accounted for less than 10% of the PoPs sold on the market due to players farming mobs which drop them rather than mobs that drop yellow dust. Increasing the drop rate or number of mobs that drop yellow dust would be nice; however, unless the drop rate is lowered (or removed completely) on most of the mobs that drop completed PoPs, this would just lead to a massive drop in the price of PoPs. Lowering PoP drop rates and adding yellow dust as a secondary tree loot would, in my opinion, be the optimal way of solving this issue, at least with regards to PoPs.
joe2dirt

Postby Rox99 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 pm

I feel like they should remove every potion but PoP from mobs' drop, decrease PoP drop rate while increase the ways you can obtain Yellow Dust. Meanwhile, not being able to drop potions anymore, Towers' mobs should drop more food and maybe some cool item (such as Orb of Luck) at a really small rate.
Rox99

Postby Kyosa » Wed May 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Rox99 wrote:Towers' mobs should drop more food and maybe some cool item (such as Orb of Luck) at a really small rate.

Yep thought the same +1
And reduce potion drop rate +1
Kyosa

Postby Kert » Thu May 04, 2017 1:43 am

Kyosa wrote:
Rox99 wrote:Towers' mobs should drop more food and maybe some cool item (such as Orb of Luck) at a really small rate.

Yep thought the same +1
And reduce potion drop rate +1

reduced drop rate and higher food % is already implemented in upcoming update.
Towers will never get non-food item drops.
Kert

Return to Suggestions