RPG MO Code of Conduct - Game rules

Forum, game and chat rules

Re: RPG MO Code of Conduct - Game rules

Postby whitetiger » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:52 am

So "last warning to you two" with no warnings given in EN and no one named is a warning?

I want what that mod was smoking!

Actually I would love to see that defended.
whitetiger

Postby RStudios » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:33 am

How do you know the 2 players were not also warned in private?
RStudios

Postby Dart » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:05 pm

"and are allowed to have a maximum of two accounts training at one time"

"New rule was added because you were using 4 accounts at the same time to gather information in nml.
Now you are limited to 2 accounts."

Maybe you meant "and are allowed to have a maximum of two accounts logged in at one time" ? Since being afk at nml chest isn't training...
ign: lxDrugoxl
Dart

Postby Roase » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Wording changed for you ;)
Roase

Postby canismajor » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Why not just permit only one logged-in account from one IP and/or e-mail. More than one account online at a time only causes more problems in determining if the interaction was beneficial for either of the accounts. Most games don't allow multiple logged-in accounts per physical user anyway.
canismajor

Postby steve.a » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Once upon a time, there lived a family of 4, where they had one mother and a father, and two sons. It so happens that one of the sons A came across this one amazing Rpg game he got addicted to and was playing for a long time and that he occasionally went to pee and other stuff when his brother B would notice the game. As time passed the character grew in strength and skills. Sometimes the were a few anti bots that popped up when the brother A was in the washroom at this point brother B would take interest and complete the said task. Sometimes due the human nature of "curiosity" he the brother B would take the character on a stroll, kill things and do things he found fascinating. In this way Brother A was happy that he did have a kind of a extra person to help the character grow.

But one fine day he was told that the use of an additional human on the character gave him "unfair advantage" and is ban able. Brother A panicked, he told brother B to not play. But Brotherr B being the smarter one said, there is no way human efforts can be distinguished may it be brother A or B. Either way Brother A took the liberty of revisiting the rules and found no such "BANABLE RULE" just to be on the safe side.

He wondered if the Warning was a false one, he wondered if the person saying it was "ban able" was doing so just as he did not have a co-operative sibling. But either was the Brothers felt safe that no rule was broken but realised that even though the MoDs are doing thing for the good of the game, a few MODS are giving out false threats.. and, thus, the trust of the brothers on the green text has gone down a bit.

Kindly correct if something is wrong in this above mentioned scenario.

(Note: 1. I am of the opinion that Trading of account requires finance in the picture
2. Both parents are unhappy with the Gaming addiction and disapprove of it strongly)
steve.a

Postby Streeks » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Have to agree with steve.a
I see no problems if someone let his brother or sister play on his account.
Streeks

Postby nec » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:34 pm

Can I mining azure ore in the second world with my alt, if it is self-sufficient?
nec

Postby Rebelmoon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:45 pm

2. No Botting/Macroing
While playing RPG MO, you must be at your computer at all times, and may not use a program, auto-clicker, or additional software to make it easier to train or gather resources. This is to prevent players from AFK training, or training their accounts while they're asleep/busy with real life. Any accounts that are found to be botting will be permanently jailed and banned.

I have a question/issue with the way this rule is worded, otherwise I don't understand how you can include it in this rule at-least.

While playing RPG MO, you must be at your computer at all times
I 100% agree that you shouldn't use other programs and such to play the game without playing the game, but how in the world are you going to enforce a person being at there computer at all times? You can't spy on the person, so It's just not doable. That phrase "you must be at your computer at all times" just needs to be removed. The rest of the rule is completely acceptable and makes sense. I hope this helps. Thanks for your time and understanding.

*edit* also on a side note, you say we can't be afk but there is an /afk "message" command so its a little contradictory. As a suggestion for what rules could say instead if you don't want it removed completely is say, "we encourage active participation in game by not going afk but we undertstand that things come up so it happens."
Rebelmoon

Previous

Return to Rules