last update was aweful for most

Speak about everything.
No Spam!

last update was aweful for most

Postby zaboogg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:48 pm

not trying to be rude but the last update kinda ruined the game for alot of people

fellin island wasnt improved fishing guild seems broken now

pet space update only seems to hurt lowbies

mos insurance seems to only make the rich richer ...

only thing good about this was being able to make new capes...feel bad saying this and i mean it with respect but i think this update was a fail ...seen alot of people in chat rage quiting because of pets alone...im part of the 1% this update didnt really hurt ....but hurting lowbies like this hurts everyone...alot of us rely on lowbies to gather mats ect

just my thoughts..
zaboogg

Re: last update was aweful for most

Postby nova2009 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:50 pm

+1
Guess What...
nova2009

Postby Litheria » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:55 pm

I can kinda see both sides of it on the pets, but it isnt great to annoy newer people ofc, since we want them to stay
The thing with the mos insurance, is the potential to make coin via npc, without using the market, normally a huge mos influx brings prices on things like 2x, ools down, but with this, isnt so. So very much +1 on that
Litheria

Postby Lord wild man » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:00 pm

+1 on pets inventory slot reduction for newer players hurting, idk about mos issue or the fishing guild issue. how ever there seems to be double images on the /wiki pet screen idk if it is for a reason or if it is just accidental input . And thank you for capes :D also where can we sell capes?
Grinders Guild
Lord wild man

Postby rosedrake » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:14 pm

+1

rip chimeras and cloudcallers... no one's gonna use them anymore
rosedrake

Postby zaboogg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:16 pm

really hurts people that saved for those pets
zaboogg

Postby Kert » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:56 pm

lowbies can use skill pets to get 16 slots, so how it's going to hurt them ?
Kert

Postby zaboogg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 pm

hurts all the people that bought cloudcaller or demonic unicorn and saved for those pets...unfair for people trying to work there way threw cath that in the past people could bring a full 16 extra food with even fireheart

dosnt make alot of sence to me to scale back so much
zaboogg

Postby Rebelmoon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:30 pm

on another perspective, it might improve the fishing market...if you dont have 16 spaces like previous but instead 14 (xirador example) instead of using normal food , raise your fishing and cooking to get better healing per food to make up for it. It's not all downside.
Rebelmoon

Postby canismajor » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Just putting it out there that not everyone is against this update. There are people that see the reason, including me. Yes it was mostly a nerf but pet inventory space now makes sense. It will balance out and new players after this update will not know there used to be more inventory space for low-mid combat pets. And as Kert, said, there are still 16-slot pets available for skilling.
canismajor

Postby filux » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:11 pm

rosedrake wrote:...rip chimeras and cloudcallers... no one's gonna use them anymore

+1
Pets with bad combat statistics should have some serious bonus to the number of slots.
filux

Postby whitetiger » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:03 am

IMHO combat pets are made for combat, NOT carry stuff that would bog them down. Combat is all but impossible carrying a backpack, let alone a LOADED back pack for a human, so why should a dog be able to fight carrying logs or other items? Pets carrying stuff should either lose combat stats or inventory slots - even the largest of pets.

Skill pets are made to carry lots of items and MAYBE give some stats like speed for a HUGE pet.

Crossover pets - horse, pegasus, elephant, etc - that can be used to haul OR fight should have some stats and some carrying ability.

IMO most of the pets were not nerfed enough for inventory
whitetiger

Postby Rex GilangPN » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:08 am

Booyyy !!!!
RΡG¶MÖTM
Rex GilangPN

Postby corporal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:16 pm

canismajor wrote:Just putting it out there that not everyone is against this update. There are people that see the reason, including me. Yes it was mostly a nerf but pet inventory space now makes sense. It will balance out and new players after this update will not know there used to be more inventory space for low-mid combat pets. And as Kert, said, there are still 16-slot pets available for skilling.

+1 I agree with Canis entirely. This update was about balancing pets which it took a big step towards. The only reason people are complaining is because they were here before the nerf and everyone had the expectation that their treasured pet should definitely be getting upped to 24 slots instead of losing some. New players coming after will have no idea it was ever different, and everyone else will eventually get over it. Look at when they added HP requirements to pets. That rarely gets mentioned anymore and that had just as big, if not bigger effects than losing a few inventory slots. At least this time you can still use your pet after the update. When HP requirements were added lots of people couldn't even continue to use their pet without grinding a bunch of HP levels first.

I also like the Fellin Island map update and fishing guild update. Personally I find the town useful on Fellin since I like to grind Barbarian ghosts once in a while, and moving the fishing guild chest makes sense to me. No other guild has a chest in it so why should the fishing guild? Plus, there is now a fire in Fellin to cook on. As for the rest of the map, I think it looks much better and adding barriers and making it harder to traverse without combat is logical. What other map that far from Dorpat was as open and 'safe' to walk around? In my opinion the further from Dorpat you get the more difficult it should be to avoid combat.

I can't speak towards the MOS insurance issue since I don't really do breeding, but if it is as big of a potential wealth generator (from NPC's) as people say it is I think that should definitely be addressed.

Overall I think the update was great and people should stop expecting updates to all be about making things easier.
IGN: Corporal/Seer
That is a nice boulder.
corporal

Postby mynirvanaforever » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:57 pm

i really like this update. especially fellin island :D its far more interesting now
fishing and cooking are clearly the most superior skillsets.
mynirvanaforever

Next

Return to General Board