Upcoming Update [Released]

Speak about everything.
No Spam!

Re: Upcoming Update

Postby Kert » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 pm

leriel wrote:
New math for Pets MOS insurance
Honestly though, can we get a general idea that is driver for new system?

Change math logic a bit for prices..
so 1 pet insurance won't be like 30€, also if possible, will try to bind Mos insurance with event discounts.
Kert

Postby Rex GilangPN » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:11 pm

whitetiger wrote:IF this new logic is to help make unwanted pets more useful by making slots dependent on what they are used for, I suggest 1 more change Margus and Reside.

Remove the old cheat of filling a larger slot pet and equipping a lesser slot pet while keeping the old pets inventory.

This is easy enough. When a pet is equipped unload the pets inventory into the players chest.

The result will help higher slot pets become a trade off for pure combat pets. If the "new logic" distributes slots from greater (gathering) to lesser (pure combat) pets, the trade off on inventory will make lesser wanted combat pets with higher slots an alternative to the few "must have" pets. It would also help with the breeding threads that are common in suggestions by making fewer pets unwanted and unbred.

This is a good idea. But people will use it as a cheat too. For example, when you mine, you will put your ore in the larger slot pet, and then equip the lesser slot pet so you don't have to go to chest and put your stuff.
RΡG¶MÖTM
Rex GilangPN

Postby leriel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Kert wrote:
leriel wrote:
New math for Pets MOS insurance
Honestly though, can we get a general idea that is driver for new system?

Change math logic a bit for prices..
so 1 pet insurance won't be like 30€, also if possible, will try to bind Mos insurance with event discounts.

So lower coin insurance prices, or lower mos insurance only?
If lower coin, would that mean lower wiki pet prices? I can see almost all breeding recipes are very tightly connected between coin insurance, breed chance and child pet wiki price
leriel

Postby whitetiger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:12 am

Rex GilangPN wrote:
whitetiger wrote:IF this new logic is to help make unwanted pets more useful by making slots dependent on what they are used for, I suggest 1 more change Margus and Reside.

Remove the old cheat of filling a larger slot pet and equipping a lesser slot pet while keeping the old pets inventory.

This is easy enough. When a pet is equipped unload the pets inventory into the players chest.

The result will help higher slot pets become a trade off for pure combat pets. If the "new logic" distributes slots from greater (gathering) to lesser (pure combat) pets, the trade off on inventory will make lesser wanted combat pets with higher slots an alternative to the few "must have" pets. It would also help with the breeding threads that are common in suggestions by making fewer pets unwanted and unbred.

This is a good idea. But people will use it as a cheat too. For example, when you mine, you will put your ore in the larger slot pet, and then equip the lesser slot pet so you don't have to go to chest and put your stuff.

must be unload into inventory as per earlier suggestion to unequip, not chest
whitetiger

Postby Kert » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:30 pm

leriel wrote:So lower coin insurance prices, or lower mos insurance only?
If lower coin, would that mean lower wiki pet prices? I can see almost all breeding recipes are very tightly connected between coin insurance, breed chance and child pet wiki price

Only mos, and no .. wiki prices etc won't get lowered.
Kert

Postby jleon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:02 pm

so more pets with 24 slots means sleigh will be useless since it has 0 stats, shouldn't have grinded for them then :cry:
jleon

Postby Rex GilangPN » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 pm

jleon wrote:so more pets with 24 slots means sleigh will be useless since it has 0 stats, shouldn't have grinded for them then :cry:

What if the pet's like Xalanth?
RΡG¶MÖTM
Rex GilangPN

Postby Kert » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am

Rex GilangPN wrote:
jleon wrote:so more pets with 24 slots means sleigh will be useless since it has 0 stats, shouldn't have grinded for them then :cry:

What if the pet's like Xalanth?

Xalanth won't get 24 slots.
Kert

Postby lahasafy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Kert wrote:
Xalanth won't get 24 slots.

Cant we get any better idea on your thoughts on the balance, though?

Should we expect xira/xals to get less than the current 16 slots?

I read the update thinking that there would be a balancing logic, pets in same hp req. Tier with good combat would be por for skilling, less slots, less spped. Wheres in that same tier, pets with poorer stats would be faster and get more slots? And that the better the "rating" [common], [rare], [ancient], etc the overall better it is..

Or is it simply that [common] pets will get fewe than [rare], fewer than [legendary], etc?
lahasafy

Postby Litheria » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Sorry if i missed this in an above post, but im guessing after this change the ability to use a pet with more inv, and then switch so that a pet with less inv has the greater slot count will be fixed? If it isnt this all seems moot
Litheria

Postby zaboogg » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:11 am

24 for typhon plz!
zaboogg

Postby Litheria » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:25 am

Id guess the devs know what all the slots are for each pet by now, but id have thought 24 would be a gathering pet only kinda total, id be more of the view that big combat pets would have a decent slot count, because they are big and strong, but fewer than a pure gathering type pet, just my view thou
Litheria

Postby canismajor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 am

If any of the current top combat pets in their tier or any of the speed pets would have 24 slots that would just be OP, and I don't think they will get 24 slots. Rather, I'd like them see reduced to 8 slots.
canismajor

Postby Streeks » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:45 pm

canismajor wrote:If any of the current top combat pets in their tier or any of the speed pets would have 24 slots that would just be OP, and I don't think they will get 24 slots. Rather, I'd like them see reduced to 8 slots.

+1/ Totaly agree. There should be combat pets with less slots and farming pets woth 24 slots.
Streeks

Postby Smokeydapanda » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Streeks wrote:
canismajor wrote:If any of the current top combat pets in their tier or any of the speed pets would have 24 slots that would just be OP, and I don't think they will get 24 slots. Rather, I'd like them see reduced to 8 slots.

+1/ Totaly agree. There should be combat pets with less slots and farming pets woth 24 slots.

Disagree entirely. Speed is pretty easy to stack now even without it being on the actual pet so taking their slots down to 8 would just make them useless as gathering pets.(people would just put on other speed gear and take advantage of higher slot pets and still end up ahead slotwise).

Reducing top tier combat pets below 16 slots would just be painful to the few breeders and players that have already managed to get a hold of them. These pets take a considerable amount of time/effort to get and players should be rewarded for them. Removing slots on pets like these would also negate some of the bonus stats when you consider all the "endurance test" that are in the game (towers/cath). Doing so would just increase the level of gear necessary to complete them, putting completion even further out of reach for many players.
Smokeydapanda

PreviousNext

Return to General Board