Upcoming Update

Speak about everything.
No Spam!

Upcoming Update

Postby Margus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Post your suggestion, into Suggestions Topic!
viewforum.php?f=6
Lets keep upcoming update topic clean.

New Feature(s):

Allow lower levels in party quest
Party quest maker can set the lowest level who can join
Progress 100%

Convert cabinets between stackable and non-stackable
Stackable has 50% the slots and stacks up to 99 of each item.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8549
Progress 100%

Active(promoted), top islands
Possible to promote your island and others can vote for your island - monthly tops. Ship is needed for this feature.
Progress 0%

Chest right click additions
Can add new offer and check wiki commands from chest with right click
Progress 0%

Cabinet right click additions
Can withdraw and deposit all
Progress 0%

Changes:

Unequip items
Items are unequipped after dying in nml pvp or by a monster (Except towers, cathedral and eml).
Item is unequipped after using oblivion potion and your skill is not good enough after that to use the item.
Progress 100%

Bug Fixes:

Fix piano playing in spectate
Piano was not being broadcasted in spectate mode
Progress 100%
Margus
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Update

Postby whitetiger » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:14 am

allowing lower cl's will result in many player deaths.

Lower the CL will allow pures to join higher CL PQ's, but will also let everyone else to join.
whitetiger

Postby Litheria » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:22 pm

ahhh can invite some of my friends into pq, much appreciated :D
Litheria

Postby Smokeydapanda » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Love the PQ idea. There's alot of times where we have to 3 man parties because of the level range issues.Would be nice to fill the party with lower levels who are looking to see what endgame is like or friends who can handle it despite their lower CL. Easy solution to white tigers concern is to just add a "recommended" level to the party quest announcement.
Smokeydapanda

Postby flaak » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:51 am

This may come off harsh, but when I see upcoming updates and new features, this is not really what I expect. This is more of a change to already in game content that wont effect most people. New content comes out when it comes out , but I get excited when I see new content about to come out and it just ends up being this :| :roll: .
flaak

Postby Rebelmoon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:39 am

@flaak,

I can understand what your saying and wanting something new and different added regularly, but look at it this way, how many games have you played where you go months and months without an update at all? perhaps for the entirety of being interested in a game you don't get any updates of concrete value aside from bug fixes and then leave for another game because of this? Some game franchises even play on this fact. Making a game until the next update and then releasing a newer version without keeping up an older one until players must submit and buy the new version to continue the experience because most have left it for the newer version.

By definition an update is "make (something) more modern or up to date". This doesn't necessarily mean its going to be content that is completely new, just better quality.It's nice to have new content in game, but players have it quite nice here and sometimes it's helpful to remember this when the updates aren't quite what we're seeking a certain month :). Happy gaming and also crossing fingers for that new content of guilds ;)
Rebelmoon

Postby Margus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 pm

flaak wrote:This may come off harsh, but when I see upcoming updates and new features, this is not really what I expect. This is more of a change to already in game content that wont effect most people. New content comes out when it comes out , but I get excited when I see new content about to come out and it just ends up being this :| :roll: .

We update the first post as we move things from our internal TODO to "upcoming patch" and get those things done during the development phase.

List gets updates almost every other day, eventually it will turn into patch notes that have quite a few things in them:
viewforum.php?f=14
Margus
Site Admin

Postby flaak » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Margus wrote:
flaak wrote:This may come off harsh, but when I see upcoming updates and new features, this is not really what I expect. This is more of a change to already in game content that wont effect most people. New content comes out when it comes out , but I get excited when I see new content about to come out and it just ends up being this :| :roll: .

We update the first post as we move things from our internal TODO to "upcoming patch" and get those things done during the development phase.

List gets updates almost every other day, eventually it will turn into patch notes that have quite a few things in them:
viewforum.php?f=14

I knowww, I realy appreciate all the hard work that gets put into the game and appreciate that you want to keep it updated for us to play for years to come! I just get excited when i see new update and then its nothing I can do :D. <3
flaak

Postby flaak » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Rebelmoon wrote:@flaak,

I can understand what your saying and wanting something new and different added regularly, but look at it this way, how many games have you played where you go months and months without an update at all? perhaps for the entirety of being interested in a game you don't get any updates of concrete value aside from bug fixes and then leave for another game because of this? Some game franchises even play on this fact. Making a game until the next update and then releasing a newer version without keeping up an older one until players must submit and buy the new version to continue the experience because most have left it for the newer version.

By definition an update is "make (something) more modern or up to date". This doesn't necessarily mean its going to be content that is completely new, just better quality.It's nice to have new content in game, but players have it quite nice here and sometimes it's helpful to remember this when the updates aren't quite what we're seeking a certain month :). Happy gaming and also crossing fingers for that new content of guilds ;)

You're right about that man, very true and sad that alot of people dont care about their games they create. This is why I play and consider margus top tier of creators.
flaak

Postby whitetiger » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:17 am

NO! not stacking cabinets!

Why cater to people who can not manage an inventory?

What is next? Stacking in inventory to cater to people who do not like walking 4 steps to the chest?
whitetiger

Postby Joseph626_0 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 am

whitetiger wrote:NO! not stacking cabinets!

Why cater to people who can not manage an inventory?

What is next? Stacking in inventory to cater to people who do not like walking 4 steps to the chest?

You have a valid point, but this means for people like me who have a lot of a single item that we can now put them all on display on our island. instead of needing 1.6M slots to display my collection, which won't happen, I only need 16k slots, which still won't happen but is more pheasable. people with smaller collections, or people who are selling things like coolebeans or blu's island can now stack items and show more items that are for sale.
Joseph626_0

Postby Rebelmoon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Active(promoted), top islands
Possible to promote your island and others can vote for your island - monthly tops. Ship is needed for this feature.

Can we get some insight on this update please? Is this a proof of concept for voting system to be used in future, to get an idea of players interest for islands to be used for guild islands? Is it just for bragging right if we get in top 3/10? or something altogether different? I just can't understand its purpose to be added into the game so I'm curios what the thoughts are on its existence? Thanks.
Rebelmoon

Postby Margus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:27 am

Rebelmoon wrote:Active(promoted), top islands

Can we get some insight on this update please? Is this a proof of concept for voting system to be used in future, to get an idea of players interest for islands to be used for guild islands? Is it just for bragging right if we get in top 3/10? or something altogether different? I just can't understand its purpose to be added into the game so I'm curios what the thoughts are on its existence? Thanks.

This is to promote people who put a lot of time into making their islands nice. Monthly tops + (likely) screenshots on homepage for top islands. In the future there will be more things to do on islands, so this will support(active promote feature) that as well. Another change I'm planning is that going to an island might redirect you to another world if someone is already on that island.
Margus
Site Admin

Postby Rebelmoon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:16 am

Sounds promising. I think islands are a good area to focus as personal islands are a semi-unique gameplay for rpgmo compared to other rpgs. Though, maybe my opinion is biased because I love carpentry.
Rebelmoon

Return to General Board