[Outdated] Spells DPS & XPS

Got tricks, tips how to level faster or earn money, share with us!
manawe
Dark Orc

[Outdated] Spells DPS & XPS

Post by manawe »

Edit by Rapota:
See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10655#p36342 for an updated version.

Original:
Cooldown reduction influences Damage/s and Xp/s of the spell. Here is the list for 0%, 3%, 25% - 55%
Hope you find it useful.

Code: Select all

var magicDetails = function (q) {
    for (var b = 0; b < Object.keys(Magic).length; b++) {
        for (var i = 0; i < item_base.length; i++) {
            if (Magic[b].name === item_base[i].name) {
                var d = Magic[b].params.basic_damage || Magic[b].params.fire_damage || Magic[b].params.water_damage || Magic[b].params.earth_damage || Magic[b].params.air_damage,
                    p = Magic[b].params.penetration,
                    l = Magic[b].params.min_level,
                    u = Magic[b].params.uses,
                    c = Magic[b].params.cooldown,
                    x = Magic[b].params.xp,
                    n = item_base[i].name;
                price = item_base[77].params.price;
                console.log(n + "\t" + price + "\t " + l + "\t" + u + "\t" + d + "\t" + p + "\t" + ((c * q) / 1000).toFixed(1) + "\t" + x + "\t" + ((d / (c * q)) * 1000).toFixed(1) + "\t" + ((x / (c * q)) * 1000).toFixed(1) + "\t" + (price / x).toFixed(0));
            }
        }
    }
};
var _00 = 1 - 0.0;
_03 = 1 - 0.03;
_25 = 1 - 0.25;
_30 = 1 - 0.3;
_35 = 1 - 0.35;
_40 = 1 - 0.4;
_45 = 1 - 0.45;
_50 = 1 - 0.5;
_55 = 1 - 0.55;
var cooldowns = [_00, _03, _25, _30, _35, _40, _45, _50, _55];
for (z = 0; z < cooldowns.length; z++) {
    console.log("Cooldown -" + ((1 - cooldowns[z]) * 100).toFixed(0) + "%");
    console.log("Name\tPrice\tLevel\tUses\tDamage\tPenetration\tCooldown\tXP\tDamage/S\tXP/s");
    magicDetails(cooldowns[z]);
}
Last edited by manawe on Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Manawe, O.M. (First Class), Grand Sorc., D. Wiz., X.J.(sorc.), S. of Mag.Q tinyurl.com/rpgmoMaps
Gramuly
Hen

Re: Spells DPS & XPS

Post by Gramuly »

This is good work. Thank you.
I would like to add a bit of info about the spell EXP(experience per second)
In a world where you could cast nonstop the EXP would be as shown in the chart.

The highest lvl spells will give you more exp then the lower ones because....

Lets use the chicken for example.
You can kill it with a single flash bolt spell and get 5 exp.
You spend time when you travel between targets and cast so you dont get the listed exp per second on this chart

If you use a 4 slott spell pouch and put the highest lvl spells>Poison, Zeus, Blizzard, and Meteor You will get 107 Exp from a single chicken.

It is this way with spells not melee weapons. With spell casting you get all the exp for that spell not for the damage done.
So you could level all the way to epic just farming chickens.

I must note: I craft the spells that I am selling in this post. :)
manawe
Dark Orc

Post by manawe »

Gramuly wrote:This is good work. Thank you.
I would like to add a bit of info about the spell EXP(experience per second)
In a world where you could cast nonstop the EXP would be as shown in the chart.

The highest lvl spells will give you more exp then the lower ones because....

Lets use the chicken for example.
You can kill it with a single flash bolt spell and get 5 exp.
You spend time when you travel between targets and cast so you dont get the listed exp per second on this chart

If you use a 4 slott spell pouch and put the highest lvl spells>Poison, Zeus, Blizzard, and Meteor You will get 107 Exp from a single chicken.

It is this way with spells not melee weapons. With spell casting you get all the exp for that spell not for the damage done.
So you could level all the way to epic just farming chickens.

I must note: I craft the spells that I am selling in this post. :)
Spells don't reset after combat ends (right?), they reset when timer runs out. I think given on average you walk 0.5-1s between mobs in good hunting places, it doesn't impact exp/h as you try to imply, since usually you cast.
Professor Manawe, O.M. (First Class), Grand Sorc., D. Wiz., X.J.(sorc.), S. of Mag.Q tinyurl.com/rpgmoMaps
Gramuly
Hen

Post by Gramuly »

I think for an average human it takes that long to even know that they have killed the first target.
Then they have to mentally pick the next target, move mouse over that target, select it and wait for avatar to move and engage. We won't count lag in equation because there is very little lag.

With everything accounted for, the designers of the game had a reason to put the higher spells.
I craft and use meteor shower spells to farm mushrooms. Each cast for that one spell is 35 exp.
I can use 4 or 5 high level spells in one bag. I would need to kill many mushrooms to equal the same experience if I used lower spells.

If I fill my bag with high level spells it will last much longer. A full bag of high level spells does not empty as quickly. Saving time on refills and markups.

I can see how people could think the best deal is in buying cheap.
I would suggest trusting the code.
Game designers added high level spells to help you gain experience in higher levels.
They designed them to also do more damage and save you time filling you spell bags.
Trust them. They didn't design them to rip you off!

Some high level spells are epic, such as 'Holy Touch' It is very expensive to use.
Some are less expensive. Poison Rain-blizzard and meteor shower are high level spells for those with smaller pockets.